Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Surplus Closet

In many ways my first day in my new journey was uneventful.  I went through my normal daily routine: diapers, laundry, house cleaning.   However during Conner's nap, I took the opportunity to actually locate my Bible.  It was in a dusty white box buried in our "surplus" closet.  This closet is just a place where everything not needed on a daily basis goes: outgrown clothes, books, Christmas items.  How sad that my Bible was placed in this closet.  Yes, I am ashamed.  I also located a journal for kids entitled: Kids Praying for Kids: A 12-Month Prayer Journal by Franklin Graham.  I felt kind of silly looking at this kid's journal, but opened it to the month of March.  I mean seriously, I'm an adult right?  But I realize that in this journey, I am like a child needing to soak in as much as I can. 

This month's bible verse is . . . Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  -Matthew 7:7 NKJV

Really God?  That is amazing.  How perfect for my life right now.  How did you know?  Oh wait, of course you knew. 

I went on to read in Chapter 7 . . .
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
 - Matthew 7: 13-14

This is my Walk To Remember you Lord.  Thank you for that gate and that road.  Thank you for the opportunity to find it.  Let me Remember daily the walk that led me away from you so I never go down that path again.

2 comments: